Brazil is the largest chicken exporter in the world
Brazil is the largest chicken exporter What is going on with the domestic market? Total revenues of BRF vary, but 55 percent comes from the domestic market and 45 percent from exports. The company has two very strong brands in the domestic market
Brazil is one of the largest chicken exporters in the world due to a combination of factors that have contributed to its success in the poultry industry:
- Abundant Resources: Brazil has vast land resources, a favorable climate, and access to ample water sources, which are crucial for poultry farming. These conditions enable efficient and cost-effective chicken production.
- Low Production Costs: The country benefits from lower production costs compared to many other poultry-producing nations. This is attributed to factors such as lower labor costs, Top Brazilian Poultry Producers, favorable environmental conditions that reduce the need for extensive heating or cooling systems, and access to affordable feed sources like corn and soybeans.
- Integrated Production Systems: Brazilian poultry producers often use integrated production systems, where various stages of the production process are closely controlled and monitored. This includes breeding, hatching, raising, and processing, resulting in greater efficiency and quality control.
- Vertical Integration: Many Brazilian poultry companies practice vertical integration, meaning they control multiple stages of the supply chain, from feed production to processing and distribution. This integration allows for better coordination and efficiency.
- Government Support and Regulations: The Brazilian government has supported its poultry industry through policies and regulations that promote production, exports, and biosecurity. Top Brazilian Poultry Producers Regulatory frameworks ensure compliance with international standards, making Brazilian poultry products more acceptable in global markets.
- Diversified Markets: Brazilian chicken exporters have diversified their markets to include a wide range of countries around the world. This diversification reduces the risk of overreliance on a single market and helps the country maintain a stable level of exports.
- Competitive Pricing: The combination of efficient production processes and lower costs allows Brazilian chicken exporters to offer competitive prices in the international market, which enhances their attractiveness to buyers.
- Quality and Safety: Brazilian poultry producers have made efforts to improve the quality and safety of their products. Top Brazilian Poultry Producers, Strict adherence to sanitary and phytosanitary regulations ensures that the exported products meet international food safety standards.
- Trade Agreements: Brazil has entered into trade agreements with various countries and regions, facilitating the export of its poultry products. These agreements often include provisions that reduce trade barriers and tariffs, making it easier for Brazilian chicken to access international markets.
- Continuous Innovation: The Brazilian poultry industry has invested in research and development to improve breeding, genetics, and production techniques. This ongoing innovation has contributed to increased productivity and competitiveness.
The company also has two plants in Europe – in England and the Netherlands – both of them processing products. In Latin America, BRF manufactures products such as margarine, frozen vegetables or prosciutto in Argentina.
That’s the trend — to have a broader range of products. BRF is much more than an exporter of chicken meat; BRF is a company that is becoming more global.
Due to these factors, Brazil has been able to establish itself as a major player in the global poultry market and maintain its position as one of the largest chicken exporters in the world. Brazil is the largest chicken exporter in the world